Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines in Vietnam!


I decided to officially call off this years Valentines Day since I was without my lovely friends or family to do partner yoga, paraglide, dance on tables or get drunk with (all some of my few favorite Valentines memories of recent years).  But the flower ladies lining the streets and HBOs lineup of Valentines Day, Made of Honor, Letters to Juliet and Twilight made it hard to forget. Vi wasn't feeling well so we didn't meet up for dinner so I walked downtown to get my favorite meal: mango chicken! I ended up sharing a table with a very interesting old French man whose son married a Cambodian girl and lives there so he has spent almost a year total of the last three years in SE Asia. He teaches engineering to many Vietnamese students too. It was a fabulous dinner conversation and was an excellent evening. The heart picture above is an origami piece that Vi made out of the 500 dong bill (which is worth like 5 cents or something tiny). Hope everyone enjoyed a day with loved ones of all types! And a special happy anniversary to my parents whose 37 years of marriage is inspiring. I can't even stay in the same country for 37 days lol ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment