Monday, May 21, 2012

Barcelona to Lloret de Mar to America!

Before heading to the coast, we visited Parc Gaul, Gaudi's famous (and thus crowded) park with fabulous views over cloudy Barcelona.

Then we walked like forever down to his other architectural structures, Las Ramblas and back to our hotel.

After a really confusing train venture (we jumped on not even knowing if it was the right one), we arrived to the Spring Break-esque party town of Lloret de Mar which was highly recommended by our buddy Gabe. We arrived in time to hit up the German pub across the street for shnitzel, beer and the Bayern Munchen vs Chelsea game. Sadly B-M lost but I was happy knowing my brother was rocking their jersey which I found in Portugal and sent back in time.

Our first beach day was also Lazy Day and it was Awesome!!! A nap on the beach, Indian food in the rain (and hail) then more vegging.

I finally got some sun on Monday, my last day, as we lounged by the pool. Then back to Barcelona for one last hostel stay before my incredibly early flight tomorrow! This trip has been AMAZING (summary post to follow) but I'm ready for some comforts of home too!

No comments:

Post a Comment