Friday, April 20, 2012

Last day in the island!

After our last chillax day at our very serene resort, we returned to Sairee Beach on the other side for one more night. No luck with cooking classes so we opted for Indian food (a weekly or so requirement), an awesome (though warm... natural bikram!) yoga class, beautiful sunset and tattoos! Tattoo shops and tattoo'd bodies are everywhere in Thailand and from people along the way and research I've done, Thailand is a safe and much cheaper option for tattoos than back home. And they've perfected the ancient art of bamboo tattoos (vs the gun) which is less painful and invasive and last longer. I've been debating touching up my ol flower on my foot (which I coincidentally got with my college roommate Erika with a k and now with another awesome friend Erika with a k!) for a while now and adding something meaningful.

So I spoke with two shops and really liked Jut at the second one as even tough my request was small, he spent the time to get it right by stenciling and drawing in with a pen first. Once I decided to proceed, the next step was drinks! And a beer in hand to make it go by quicker!

In typical Thai style, there was a scrawny dog meandering around the studio, the other artists were watching cheesy Thai soaps on TV and the power blacked out for a few minutes half way through. I was pretty happy to walk out with a small but beautiful reminder of this leg of my ongoing lifelong travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment